Colombian Property Investment Visa
- For property investments, Colombia requires an investment that is more than 350 times the current legal minimum monthly salary in Colombia.
- In Q1 2017, that means property purchased for more than 215,600,000 Colombian pesos, or just US$125,000 at 2,900 pesos per USD.
- The investor visa is issued for one year, permits multiple entries into Colombia and can be converted to a resident visa after five years.
Victoria Bc Real Estate
In Victoria, around one third of dwellings are single detached homes, while small apartment buildings and duplexes make up most of the remaining housing stock. This city also has a good variety of housing size options it is quite easy to find properties ranging from lofts to four or more bedrooms. Roughly 60% of the population of this city own their home while the rest are renters. About one third of homes in this city were built between 1960 and 1980, while the majority of the remaining buildings were built pre-1960 and in the 1980s. Read more about Victoria real estate
Neighborhoods For Medellin Real Estate And Property Investment
Contact Our Medellin Buyers Agent
From the city center in the valley, neighborhoods extend up the mountainsides, where residents enjoy cooler daytime temperatures with beautiful city and mountain views. Most expats and tourists prefer the citys high-rise apartments and condominiums in fashionable neighborhoods such as El Poblado, Parque Lleras,Envigado and Laureles.
For Colombians, the finca, or country home, offers a weekend retreat from urban life. Many Medellin Colombia fincas for sale with either modern or traditional homes, gardens, and mountainside views are available within a short drive of the city.
El Poblado: The citys wealthiest and most prestigious neighborhood, El Poblado is also the most popular with expats and tourists. A hillside neighborhood of luxury high-rise apartment buildings, parks, winding tree-lined streets, outdoor restaurants and cafes, boutiques, yoga studios and gourmet shops, El Poblado resembles any up-scale first-world neighborhood. El Poblado is known for its Golden Mile, a stretch of Avenida El Poblado lined with high-end shopping, restaurants, clubs, and hotels, as well as the conveniences of daily life, including supermarkets, medical facilities, banks, and cafes. A safe choice for living or investment, El Poblado also is more expensive than other Medellin neighborhoods.
Recommended Reading: 4949 Swiss Avenue Dallas
Homes For Sale In Prince George
- House2 bds , 2 bths$369,900
- House3 bds , 2 bths$399,900
- House2 bds , 2 bths$189,900
- House5 bds , 3 bths$724,999
- House4 bds , 3 bths$483,900
- House4 bds , 2 bths$369,000
- House2 bds , 1 bath$339,000
- House1 bed , 1 bath$55,900
- House3 bds , 3 bths$649,900
- House3 bds , 2 bths$379,000
- Condo1 bed , 1 bath$109,900
- House4 bds , 3 bths$578,900
- House3 bds , 3 bths$549,900
- House4 bds , 2 bths$489,000
- House2 bds , 1 bath$379,900
- House4 bds , 2 bths$375,000
- House5 bds , 2 bths$449,000
- See sold listings where available
- Save your favourite listings
Homes For Sale In Victoria
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$539,900
- House2 bds , 2 bths$1,299,999
- House2 bds , 2 bths$1,099,999
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$525,000
- House3 bds , 2 bths$1,499,000
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$899,000
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$1,495,000
- House5 bds , 3 bths$1,349,900
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$750,000
- Condo2 bds , 1 bath$685,000
- Condo1 bed , 1 bath$459,900
- Condo1 bed , 1 bath$429,000
- Condo1 bed , 1 bath$419,000
- Condo2 bds , 1 bath$469,900
- House3 bds , 2 bths$1,500,000
- House5 bds , 3 bths$1,475,000
- House3 bds , 3 bths$1,375,000
- House5 bds , 3 bths$1,299,000
- Condo1 bed , 2 bths$1,089,000
- House3 bds , 2 bths$899,900
- House5 bds , 5 bths$749,900
- Condo1 bed , 1 bath$625,000
- House5 bds , 4 bths$1,645,000
- Condo1 bed , 2 bths$1,188,000
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$699,000
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$85,000
- House3 bds , 3 bths$1,595,000
- Condo2 bds , 3 bths$1,424,900
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$999,500
- House2 bds , 1 bath$925,000
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$779,500
- Condo1 bed , 1 bath$729,900
- Condo1 bed , 1 bath$699,900
- House2 bds , 2 bths$599,900
- Condo2 bds , 2 bths$499,000
- Condo1 bed , 1 bath$399,000
- Condo2 bds , 1 bath$575,000
- Condo2 bds , 3 bths$1,798,000
- House3 bds , 4 bths$1,129,000
- See sold listings where available
- Save your favourite listings
Don’t Miss: Mid Century New York
Why Invest In Colombia Real Estate
Growing numbers of expats and tourists are attracted by the high-quality, inexpensive lifestyle possible in Colombia, as well as its beautiful scenery and welcoming, friendly people. You have everything from wonderful city living in Medellin and well as Caribbean real estate for sale in Cartagena and Santa Marta. Not to mention very affordable Colombia real estate prices in all of the markets.
- Mountainous, subtropical Medellin gives you weather that has been called Eternal Spring.
- Tropical coastal Cartagena attract those seeking warm weather, beaches, islands, and boating.
- Highly developed and well-connected, Bogota attracts business investors.
- Colombias Investment Visa is an easy and relatively inexpensive route to permanent residency.
Real Estate Markets And Market Information In Colombia
- Bogota Property Market National capital and largest city . At 2,640 meters above sea level, temperatures are cool and weather often cloudy and rainy and the altitude requires physical adjustment. Modern, first-world amenities include the international airport that make it a convenient connecting point and place to do business.
- Medellin Real Estate The second largest city with nearly 3.7 million people, warm temperatures moderated by the altitude of 1500 meters . Built in a valley bisected by a river with mountainside neighborhoods, the city is a business hub with beautiful views and tropical vegetation. The condos, houses, and apartments are very well priced in Medellin. Please see more information about and listings for real estate in Medellin.
- Cartagena Real Estate The Caribbean port city of 1 million inhabitants, whose colonial charm and government tourism promotions attract international tourists at a rate that has increased by an estimated 15% or more in recent years. Resort condos and apartments are very attractively priced here making for an excellent vacation rental investment market. Please see more information about and listings for real estate in Cartagena.
- Colombia Real Estate Investments There are a variety of ways to invest in Colombia real estate. From condos in Medellin, to vacation rentals in Cartagena, to agricultural and farmland investments across the country. Such as this Colombia farm investment in cattle, coconuts, and timber.
Also Check: Ahrn Colorado Springs
Colombia Property Investment Taxes And Doing Business
Cartagena Old City Colonial Houses
- Buyers costs run approximately 1.7 to 3.2%
- Total real estate transactions costs: 6.8-8%
- International investors can buy and sell property investments on the same basis as Colombians.
- Both rental income and capital gains are taxed as ordinary income, at a 33% flat rate for nonresidents.
- Property taxes are assessed on the value determined by the municipality at locally determined rates from 0.4% to 1.2%.
- Standard rental contracts are for one year, renewable for the same.
- Both landlord and tenant must give three months notice to terminate a contract before its end.
- The terminating party must pay the other the equivalent of three months rent to terminate.
- Laws tend to favor the landlord if eviction is necessary, but legal proceedings can take more than a year.
Colombia Real Estate Market
We have expert Colombia real estate brokers in Medellin and Cartagena. Please contact them for prices of real estate for sale in Colombia, property for rent, as well as current rental rates.
While the economy has grown steadily at around 4% a year, home and apartment prices have risen rapidly since 2006.
Cartagena and Medellin has seen highest increases, while Bogota prices have risen most, according to Colombias Banco de la República.
You May Like: Homes For Sale Dripping Springs Isd
Medellin Real Estate For Sale And Medellin Property Investment
Medellin Real Estate at Night
Colombias second-largest city, Medellin is a vibrant, modern city enjoying a renaissance of tourism and foreign investment. With a balmy tropical climate tempered by its mountain location, Medellin offers an upscale urban lifestyle at a much lower cost than its North American equivalent. The Medellin real estate market in Colombia is booming but the property prices are still extremely affordable.
In 2013, Medellin was chosen as Innovative City of the Year in a contest sponsored by the Wall Street Journal and Urban Land Institute. The award cited Medellins recent advances in politics, education and social development.
Medellin is known for its many universities, cultural life, festivals, fashion industry, restaurants, night life, world-class Metro transportation system, and the beauty and vitality of public spaces reclaimed by the local population from the violence that once gripped their city. Today those spaces have been rebuilt with a huge library, parks and plazas filled with art, museums and other attractions that draw tourists and expats to the city.
So, it is not surprising that the Medellin investment property market has been discovered by investors outside of Colombia. International investors, who were traditionally interested in the Colombia real estate market in Bogota and the Cartagena real estate market, are now looking to invest in Medellin.
Main Cities In The Province
Vancouver, with a population of over 640,000, is British Columbias largest city, but is not the provinces capital. The city is located in the southern portion of the province, close to the Canada/United States border. It is home to many of the provinces largest companies, as well as numerous arts, cultural, and recreational activities/events. Surrey has over 520,000 people and is located southeast of Vancouver, and is also close to the Canada/United States border.Burnaby, with over 230,000 people, is located between Vancouver and Surrey. There are over 200,000 people in Richmond, which is located south of Vancouver. Coquitlam is located between Vancouver and Surrey, and has a population of over 140,000 people.
Read Also: Apartments Near Fort Carson Army Base
Are You Interested In Colombia Real Estate For Sale
Register for our Newsletter to receive updated information on real estate in Colombia and be notified of new property and Colombia investments listings
Register as a Buyer if you are interested in buying or renting real estate in Colombia
Register as a Seller or Broker if you have property for sale or rent in Colombia and want to list your property for free.
Contact our Colombia Buyers Agents to find your Colombia real estate or property investment.
Feel free to browse through our Colombia real estate listings below, or for more information about investment property in Colombia contact us now.
Prince George Bc Real Estate
Single detached homes are the most common housing type, representing the majority of dwellings in Prince George, and the remaining properties are mainly small apartment buildings. This city is primarily composed of three bedroom and four or more bedroom homes. Homeowners occupy around 70% of the units in Prince George while renters occupy the remainder. Most of the housing growth in this city took place in the 1960s and 1970s. Read more about Prince George real estate
Read Also: Wisconsin Log Homes For Sale By Owner